SATURDAY OR NOT
Shadows on walls
falling from the setting sun;
Leaving behind
dreams, of which I was the star.
Who's going to finish
this dream:
Who can complete this
dream?
this dream that
captured my soul,
when you left out I
waited,
I waited .... but you
never returned.
Who's going to
continue to love me?
Who will tell them,
those lies were untrue?
who will kiss me in
the morning,
now that I Don't have
you?
Shadows on walls talk
to me,
when the sun is rising,
whispering...
ever so gently that
soon It will be all right.
I am exhausted from
forced smiling.
I stand alone devoid
of pain;
And pain would feel
so right.
We never even had a
chance,
to have a lover’s
fight.
Your dream was never
to be dreamt
again, that's the
dream I am in.
Who will finish
holding me;
Who will say
goodnight.?
What happens to the
love we shared
when love has been
forgot...
one more day until
Sunday,
"Saturday or
not"!
The dream has ended
abruptly:
The dramas now
unfolding.
My Lovers gone...and
only the
shadow knows the
secrets he was holding.
I stand alone devoid
of pain,
and pain would feel
so right...
Seven days we were
married
before they tore my
love away.
The white dress on
the back of the door.
Tomorrow, means
nothing anymore.
Even though the next
would have been Sunday,
I want no more
tomorrows.
I don't even want today!
I only wanted finish
dreams.
And to feed you from
my loving pot:
To live our dreams,
our lives, accordingly.
"Saturday or
not"...!
Copyright © Vicki Acquah | Year Posted 2017
Copyright © Vicki Acquah | Year Posted 2017
Beautiful! Eloquent and heartfelt!
ReplyDeleteYou are so kind Cynthia we were only married 1 week before the tragedy.
ReplyDelete